How to Play
Collaborate, Convene, Engage
These invitation-only collaborative engagements are theme-based projects and convenings that build the strategies between organizations and among multiple players in the space. In these labs we will support the development of “connective tissue” among networks of players whose collaboration in the supply chain meaningfully increases the market rewards for responsible behaviors. That includes traceability partnerships, efforts to sell “storied” fish, new transaction models, or pilots of new initiatives that require cross-sector cooperation. Ocean Entrepreneurs can participate in Fish Labs as well, but the labs will also draw from outside our close-knit group of entrepreneurs.
Stay Connected, Contribute Ideas
We support a growing community of cross-sector players who want to partner to ensure the future of fish. Within the seafood industry-wise, membership in this group will be vetted to ensure that players have activites that demonstrate commitment to responsible harvesting and “storied” fish. But this group will also include investors, technology players, and others with an interest or stake in this issue. Our goal is to build a broader network of experts, visionaries, and practitioners to engage more deeply through our Fish Labs, as well as cultivate an audience for publishing our industry insights.
- Free membership
- Free newsletter subscription
- Access to all FoF published reports
- Invitation to larger group convenings/events
- Access to the member list
- Access to pitch or join Fish Lab initiatives by invitation
Discover, Refine, Broadcast, Scale
Ocean Entrepreneurs are innovators whose game-changing ideas have the potential to effect meaningful shifts in seafood supply chain behavior. We hand-pick 4-5 entrepreneurs to engage in fellowships designed to support and contribute to their company's success with a specific endeavor or initiative. These entrepreneurs could lead technology companies, seafood companies, or operate in other sectors altogether. The litmus test is whether the company’s individual success at scaling, or with an individual initiative, substantially contributes to systemic change. An emphasis will be placed on companies piloting new approaches to fish traceability.
- We supply: Strategic fish supply chain expertise, business model refinement, convening power, network of specialists and potential partners, media exposure.
- Our partners supply (at an FoF negotiated rate): Leadership development, presentation coaching, recruitment support, marketing and branding support.
- Entrepreneurs supply: Executional capacity.
Application required. That (short!) application will require an articulation of the project/initiative on which we’ll collaborate.